+33 (0) 3 20 16 91 40
Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing by diffusion - disk method
Description of the programme
These interlaboratory comparisons (AGLAE's programme ‘118’) address medical biology laboratories and hospital laboratories.
Characteristics of these EQA:
- Receipt of a neutral solution contaminated by an identified strain, with a clinical scenario
- Isolation, preparation of the inoculum and implementation of an Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing (AST) by diffusion
- On-line data entry
List of parameters
Détail des paramètres mis en oeuvre
Global evaluation with:
- Evaluation of clinical categorisations considering the dispersion around the diameter for each antibiotic,
- Evaluation of the measurement of inhibition zone diameters for each antibiotic,
- Evaluation of overall trends to over or underestimate the diameter measurement across all antibiotics.
Assessments provided for several technicians: report of referent results and up to 5 additional results (measurement of diameters).
Find the Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing by diffusion - gradient method (MIC strips)