+33 (0) 3 20 16 91 40
The 2024 is launched. Contact us to participate
Note that the 2023 scheme is also going on until December and that you may register at any time during the year.
Just pay attention to the registration deadline for the tests.
AGLAE conducts every year an interlaboratory comparison on cosmetic product: "challenge test".
During this accredited challenge test, laboratories perform preservation efficacy tests.
Two new tests are provided for the enumeration of aerobic mesophilic bacteria and yeasts/moulds and the detection of specified micro-organisms.
These tests provide laboratories with an assessment of their performance and guidelines for improvements if necessary.
More information on the page microbiology in cosmetics
AGLAE, our assets
AGLAE is a recognised provider of interlaboratory comparisons, at the service of laboratories since 1993 and attentive to their needs with a constant concern for improvement.
Acknowledgement of the Association
- COFRAC (French accreditation body) accreditation for its provision of interlaboratory comparisons (ILC)
- Partnerships (ANSES, Aquaref)
- 1400 members among which 30% internationals (covers around 60 countries)
- Around 200 laboratories participating in the tests in the fields of water microbiology and basic physico-chemical analyses
- Development support (transfer of technology to Cuba)
- Member of Commissions: ISO (TC/147-SC4), French standardisation Committee, COFRAC and technical assessor for the COFRAC (ISO 17025) ⇒ Participation in ISO and French standards development
- Groups of experts in the field of the environment or medical biology that support AGLAE to provide proficiency tests adapted to laboratories' needs and to interpret laboratories results
- Skills, level of qualification and experience of the Association's employees, particularly in the technical and statistical fields that enable to design proficiency tests:
- On samples close to those analysed in routine to validate the analytical chain
- Adapted test design: duplicate samples and repeated measurements to assess laboratory reproducibility and repeatability
Supporting laboratories in their quality assurance approach
With a complete service offer:
- Diversity of matrices and large list of parameters
- Additional test samples to evaluate technicians, test new methods
- Supply of Quality Control Materials for the analysis of sludge, sediment and soil
- Training sessions in water microbiology in order to implement a quantitative Internal Quality Control, evaluate the uncertainty of measurement, characterise a method
With quick returns, source of improvement:
- Quick review two days after the deadline to report the results in order to implement, if necessary, corrective actions
- Complete report within about 3 weeks including:
- The study of the influence of analytical methods, equiment and consommables
- Estimation of your uncertainties in water microbiology
- Check of your uncertainty estimates in chemistry (zeta-score)
- The evaluation of trueness and measurements repeatability
⇒ These elements provide suggestions to identify the origin of possible anomalies
Time saving for laboratories
- Easy, annual registration as a subscription
- Online schedule of events with a system for monitoring the report of results and reminders in the event of non-entry
- Personalized report: direct access to each laboratory performance
- Personalized member area of the web site with information storage
- Pre-filled online results forms
- Results file as an Excel sheet so that laboratories can easily update their control charts
- Possible results' summaries per period
Services tailored to participants' needs
- Satisfaction surveys and collection of needs to best meet members' expectations
- Tests based on French / European approvals, the Water Framework Directive and laboratory accreditation
- Development of tests during the year to meet new expectations
- Customized service offers
- Members-focused investments
- Commercial policy with price stability
- Discounts based on invoiced test volumes
- Possible splitting of the payment according to the amount of the service offer
- More favourable payment terms than EU legislation